Over the many weeks, we've learned that communication and teamwork is key when creating a project like this. If one member of the project is going to create something, then the other team members will have to know what the layout of the creation will be like, being able to assist in the creation of many of the buildings of JLS. One of our biggest issues was scale and the fact that there aren't any diagonals in Minecraft less than 45 degrees. For scale, we measured for a while until we realized that an estimate would work just as well, sometimes even better (As if each block is one meter, then your character is two meters, which is 6 feet 6 inches). For the diagonals, we simply changed it so everything was a rectangle on an XY axis, making all the buildings following a right angle pattern. I really think that this project was something that couldn't have been completed without everyone working as hard as they could. I'd like to thank Anthony, Kyle, Eric, and Zakir (that way no one knows who wrote this blog) for working really hard with me on this project. One of those names is double stated.
THE FINAL PRODUCT IS HERE!
|Aerial View #1|
|Aerial View #2 (Pool included)|
|Aerial View #3 (We changed Leadership=Swag to just Leadership)|
|Aerial View #4 (The buildings that were supposed to be slanted are now perpendicular with the other buildings)|